Baked potatoes – a simple potato dish, popular throughout Central Europe. It is prepared by cooking and baking mealy potatoes. How long to bake potatoes so that they are simply delicious?
What determines the length of baking time for potatoes?
Potato baking time depends on the method of serving. Potatoes baked entirely in their skins will bake much longer than cut up or sliced. The temperature is important so that the potato pores close and the inside of the potato is soft and fluffy.
- Potatoes as a whole – 200 degrees Celsius for 45 to 60 minutes
- Potatoes cut into quarters – 220 degrees Celsius for 30 to 40 minutes
- Sliced potatoes – 200 degrees Celsius for 25 to 30 minutes
Baked potatoes – how to bake potatoes in the oven?
For baking potatoes in the oven, choose the appropriate potato variety – these will not require their preparation before placing in the oven. After baking, they will be delicate and a bit loose. If you do not have such potatoes, take it easy – toasted potatoes can also be made from a non-baking variety! But boil them first in lightly salted water – thanks to this, the potatoes will be hard and crispy, like fries or slices, after putting them in the oven and removing them!
Before you put the potatoes, be sure to cut them into quarters, strips or slices – it all depends on the size of the potatoes and the way you want to serve them. Thanks to their proper cutting, the potatoes will be baked evenly!
- herbal spice for potatoes,
- thyme / rosemary – at your discretion.
How to prepare it?
- Arrange the potatoes cut into the desired shape on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle them a little with oil and sprinkle with spices.
- Put the potatoes in the oven (preferably around 180 degrees Celsius).
How long to bake potatoes? Well, until they are golden brown.
Baked potatoes will taste just as great if you don’t season them. It will be worth, however, immediately after removing “treat” them separately with butter and a little salt.
Methods of baking potatoes in the oven
- In a baking tray – we bake potatoes in a baking tray at a temperature of about 220 degrees Celsius. To avoid burning the skin of potatoes, put baking paper on the baking tray. Every now and then we put the potatoes on the other side and check with a fork. We bake for about an hour.
- In foil – we wrap each potato individually in foil so that there are no holes or gaps. We put each potato on a baking grid. We bake for about 40 to 60 minutes. Finally, we can prick with a fork to check that they are evenly baked.
You can also bake potatoes entirely in aluminium foil. Turn the oven on. Choose new small potatoes, clean, scrape with a sharp knife, rinse. Each grease a thin layer of oil or lard, salt, stab with a knife and wrap in foil. Place the wrapped potatoes on a baking sheet, slide it into the oven preheated to 180 ° C. Bake whole potatoes in aluminium foil for an hour.